Keychain access

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
On kid's iMac - can't use iChat or anything else that uses the keychain.
When trying to use iChat - it asks to use his Keychain access and puts in his log in password - won't accept that (which is what mine accepts).

Have also had him try using his .Mac password and won't accept that either - anyone with a clue on what next?

He can't use Safari either, because it continually asks for keychain access - so he switched to Opera some months ago.

M

MacHeadCase

Bob, can you launch Keychain Access and run the Keychain First Aid (Option + Command + A)? See where that will take you...

Edited to add:

BTW, see if any of this in this thread applies and helps solve your problem. Let us know how this goes. Good luck! :)

OP
bobtomay

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Thanks, MHC, shoulda done a search, but was on the phone with him at the time, you know tryin to help long distance.
Had to reset the Keychain. That worked, and got us into iChat and he was able to launch Safari without issue also. Looks like he may have to reset the .Mac stuff in it, but we can figure that out later.

M

MacHeadCase

Kewl! Glad all is as should be. And don't sweat it: I remember that thread because I posted in it and it was about Keychain: but most of all, it was RECENT! O:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.