Transfering an entire HD contents from one macbook to another

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
I am buying a new macbook and want to take everything from this one and put it on the other one, keeping all my settings and such. Is there a way to clone this HD onto another?

Reaction score
Yes there is. I changed my Hard drive and took my old one out and put it in an external case. I then put in my new hard drive and installed OSX. During the installation it will ask you if you want to transfer your files from an old mac and say you do and it will transfer everything just like it was before.

Edit: Connect your old Hard Drive via USB

Reaction score
the first time you turn your new MacBook it will ask if you have another Mac that you want to transfer data from. Say yes, and follow the prompts, and all your data and settings will be transferred.

You need a firewire cable to use that Migration Assistant

Reaction score
the first time you turn your new MacBook it will ask if you have another Mac that you want to transfer data from. Say yes, and follow the prompts, and all your data and settings will be transferred.

You need a firewire cable to use that Migration Assistant

I did it all with a USB connection from an external case.

OP
skye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
sweet i have a firewire and will just run it from one macbook to the other thanks guys!

+rep all around

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.