Customizing Top Toolbar?

Reaction score
I downloaded a demo of a program that stores and sorts notes for you a long time ago. The demo has long since expired, and I didn't like the program well enough to purchase it. The problem is that I now have an icon for the program (it looks like a little flashlight) on my top toolbar (next to network settings, sound, date, etcetera). I've looked all over system preferences for a way to get rid of this little icon (it's pretty useless since the demo has expired), but can't figure out how to do it. Any help would be appreciated.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
You should be able to just drag it off of the top task bar.

OP
R
Reaction score
You should be able to just drag it off of the top task bar.

nope, doesn't seem to work. when you click on it it opens up a collection of notes; you can't drag it off like you can with things on the dock. maybe the only way to do it is through the program itself's preferences? i've already gotten rid of the program, tho...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G5 Dual 1.8 GHz
On the Menu Bar, on the right side, right?

Those are called Menu Extras.

Certain Menu Extras can be moved left/right or removed by holding Command then click and dragging them.

See if that works.

OP
R
Reaction score
On the Menu Bar, on the right side, right?

Those are called Menu Extras.

Certain Menu Extras can be moved left/right or removed by holding Command then click and dragging them.

See if that works.

wow, that works with the network indicator, the volume, the date and everything else but not this darn flashlight.

Reaction score
Try reinstalling the demo again, but this time uninstall it. That seems to work with a few shareware programs that do similar things.

OP
R
Reaction score
Try reinstalling the demo again, but this time uninstall it. That seems to work with a few shareware programs that do similar things.

the program's so old that it doesn't even exist anymore; it was replaced by something else about a year ago.:Shouting: well, at least it's not that big a deal if i can't fix this.

M

MacHeadCase

If it's still there, you must have a part that is left behind in the Login Items. Check there to see in your System Preferences -> Accounts.

OP
R
Reaction score
If it's still there, you must have a part that is left behind in the Login Items. Check there to see in your System Preferences -> Accounts.

bingo. went to accounts and it was listed under the startup items. deleted it from that list and it's no longer on the toolbar. thanks a lot!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.