ERRORS: PLease help a noob

Reaction score
Hey Everyone.

I've been having this error for quite some time now and it's getting a little frustrating. I've noticed that this has happened to a number of people and I have tried some of the "fixes" with no luck. I'm getting repeated sense code error, and the thing that is annoying is that they're not the same everytimg I burn.

I'll start with the one I get most often:

Medium Error
0x73/0x03

I 've tried burning at a slower speed (4x) but it also happens when using the "best" option as well.

I've also tried restarting and the "option+APPLE+p+r" thing as well with no luck. The only difference after that is that I got the same Medium Error 0x73/0x03 after of course my mac got my hopes up by completing 100% of the burn only to error with "lead in or lead out failed to be written" and then the sense code.

EDIT: Toast Titanium w/ maxell cd-r

Please help

Thanks

Alex

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hey Everyone.

I've been having this error for quite some time now and it's getting a little frustrating. I've noticed that this has happened to a number of people and I have tried some of the "fixes" with no luck. I'm getting repeated sense code error, and the thing that is annoying is that they're not the same everytimg I burn.

I'll start with the one I get most often:

Medium Error
0x73/0x03

I 've tried burning at a slower speed (4x) but it also happens when using the "best" option as well.

I've also tried restarting and the "option+APPLE+p+r" thing as well with no luck. The only difference after that is that I got the same Medium Error 0x73/0x03 after of course my mac got my hopes up by completing 100% of the burn only to error with "lead in or lead out failed to be written" and then the sense code.

EDIT: Toast Titanium w/ maxell cd-r

Please help

Thanks

Alex

Try a different brand of disc and see if the problem persists. There is a wide variance in media quality, even some brand-name media are actually just rebranded garbage. I find Imation and TDK to be mostly flawless.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Like cwa107, I use Imation, TDk and Verbatim with no problems. I do have some Maxells, but I have not tried them yet.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.