Help! I am having problems setting up my wireless router

Reaction score
I bought a Linksys WRT54G and cannot figure out how to set it up with my Macbook. I do not have Windows on my computer. Is that my problem? This is my first Mac and I love it, but I would also love to go wireless in my house. Can anyone help me me set up my Linksys Wireless Router. If so, please give me "dummy instructions." If you need more details or information from me, please let me know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" white 2.16Ghz, 2Gb ram, 120gb hd
if you connect your router to your macbook hardwired, type in the address bar 192.168.*.* (* is for the last 2 digits) and type admin for the username with no password, you should be able to configure the router... change your ssid to the name you want your network to be, and enable encrpytion to ANYTHING higher then wep... preferably something like wpa2+aes and as added protection, if you really want to get advanced, enable mac address filtering... MAC address filtering will only allow pc's or laptops access to your wireless network if you permit them with the mac address... If you need any more help you can either pm me or one of the guys here can help you... :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i believe the IP address is 192.168.1.1. Make sure you change your router's IP address also.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.