Dynamic Unpartition

Reaction score
So I know that I can unpartition my HD if I partitioned it with Bootcamp, I've done that before. But I have a different problem now.
I was running the Ubuntu Live CD and was going to install Ubuntu on a partition I made with Bootcamp but couldn't get it working so I was playing with the partition types and sizes in Ubuntu from the CD. Since I did that, bootcamp doesn't recognize that space anymore and ignores it. So now I'm 10GB short on my drive.
Now I know there has to be someway to dynamically unpartition my drive because Bootcamp can do it and Micromat DiskStudio can do it too. But I don't want to pay for DiskStudio and as stated earlier, Bootcamp won't cut it.
Any recomendations. Even if you know how to do it in Ubuntu i could do that.
I don't want to have to format my drive because, well, I'm lazy and I don't want to back up my files to my PowerMac right now because that would take a while. I'll do it if I have to but I'd rather avoid it.
Anyway, thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB RAM, 320 HDD, Superdrive, Mighty Mouse
..isn't STFU? not STFA

OP
H
Reaction score
I figured it out :)
You need bootcamp and Ubuntu (or any Linux distro I'm sure).
First, I ran the Ubuntu Live CD. In here I loaded the partition editor. It was setup so I had 200MB of EFI, 45GBish of Mac HD, 10GBish of Another HD and a couple MB of unused space. After deleting the 10GB of the secondary HD I had a little over 10GB of unused space and only 3 partitions instead of 4. Then I created a new partition that used up all of the unused space and set the format to ext3.
After that I restarted into OSX and ran bootcamp which now gave me the option to unpartition it and restore my drive to a single volume. Before it was saying that it was unrecognizable because I had made changes to the partitition size and format in Ubuntu before when I was trying to install it.
So... my drive is all back together again :)
Hope someone else had the same problem and this helps but probably not lol.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.