Problem with big files

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Hello !

I have a MacBook since a week now and im really happy with my new baby. Only had this problem with big files burned on Windows XP.

I need to move some files from my old Windows XP computer and i can't if the file is big. Its a 3 GB file, i burn the file in Windows and when i put the DVD in my MAC i can see the file on the DVD but with CERO size. I even cant copy the file to the desktop.

The only way to move the file to the MAC is sharing the SAME burned dvd on windows and copy the file to the MAC using the network.

Also i can use and read the file in the DVD using a virtual machine with Windows XP in the MAC.

So, the problem is not the mac drive. How can i read big files burned on windows? If a family wants to send me a DVD with a homemade video he need allways to slipt the file ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
How are you burning the file in Windows?

There are certain settings which mean OS X can't read properly, just as there are settings in Vista which prevents XP from reading burnt discs.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
How are you burning the file in Windows?

There are certain settings which mean OS X can't read properly, just as there are settings in Vista which prevents XP from reading burnt discs.

I try to burn the DVD using several modes, included Juliet and ISO. I can read, move and use smaller files on the same DVD, but no with the big ones. Usually 2GB+ files.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.