Macbook: Black..White & scratching?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
I had a quick search but dident come up with what i was after..

First off, do macbooks scratch, damage and wear easily or not?
Is there any pro's and cons with a black or a white macbook?

I have heared that the white macbooks turn yellow and the black macbooks show fingerprints.

What do you think is nicer, a black or white macbook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz 15.4" 2GB RAM
The school I go to all the Art and Design students get the white macbooks and if you dont care to take care of it then spots where you lay your hands and fingers do turn colors and show signs of wear. But if you take care of it you will not have a problem.

Personally I like the look of the Black Macbook just because its a little different from the white.

I watch the Diggnation episodes every week and Kevin Rose used to use a black macbook and it just looks awesome.

So if you do get the white just take care of it, whip it down and clean it now and then and you wont have any problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53Ghz Macbook Pro
The school I go to all the Art and Design students get the white macbooks and if you dont care to take care of it then spots where you lay your hands and fingers do turn colors and show signs of wear. But if you take care of it you will not have a problem.

Personally I like the look of the Black Macbook just because its a little different from the white.

I watch the Diggnation episodes every week and Kevin Rose used to use a black macbook and it just looks awesome.

So if you do get the white just take care of it, whip it down and clean it now and then and you wont have any problems.
check out the clear skin that you can allp over the Mackbook. I have one of these for my Treo and may father's iPod. They're real durable and resistant to staining and scratches due to normal/daily wear and tear (scuffing from watches/jewelry...ect.) Check out BestSkinsEver.com

Reaction score
Black macbooks tend to leave fingerprints and greasy marks on them, and white macbooks (like I have) need to be rubbed down with a damp cloth every so often to get the dirt and grease off of them.

Jason

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2gb Memory, 80gb HDD, Leopard / Pink iPod Nano
i like the white ones, i like the back ones. they both have their pros and cons, and either way you have to take care of them.

the white ones are more prone to showing dirt marks unless you clean them and the black ones show grease and scratches easier. either way, i suggest getting a case to help prevent all of that.

either way you go, you will love the macbook, regardless.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.