Completely removing applications?

Oat

Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance but how do I completely remove an application, is it simply a case of dragging the top level of the folder into the bin? i.e. I’m trying to remove windows test drive from my new macbook

Many thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP SR 2.2Ghz 15.4" LED
Excuse my ignorance but how do I completely remove an application, is it simply a case of dragging the top level of the folder into the bin? i.e. I’m trying to remove windows test drive from my new macbook

Many thanks in advance!

You can just drag the application to the trash but I use a program called AppDelete. It was recommend by some people on this forum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook
Most applications can be removed by dragging it to the Trash, these are usually just dragged from the mounted image to your Applications folder to install. Applications that are actually "installed" usually have an uninstaller in Applications/Utilities/[App Name] or some kind of variant of that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24-inch iMac, MacBook Pro
Hey Oat,

I use http://appzapper.com to get rid of my applications all together. Usually just dragging to the bin there are a few files left behind, that wont be used and can't be used without the app, so why keep them? This app itself will find all resources made by the initial app and get rid of them.

Works great!

OP
O

Oat

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the invaluable information :)
I have to say this website is absolutely awesome!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.