Calling all Photoshop users : Help Required

Reaction score
Hello again,

I am looking to convert a picture into a "pop art" piece, in fact my profile picture is the picture I would like to change, I was hoping somebody here could tell me what the easiest way is for me to do this in Photoshop, I am very new to photoshop so if you could break it down for me a bit I would be most gratefull.

Anybody? Please!!

OP
TornSi
Reaction score
Funny you should mention "photo booth". I have got an imac but it does not have the camera on the front, I presume mine is slightly older. Great machine though. What I wanted to ask in regards to "photo booth" is, can I download the photo booth software and then place pictures taken on a regular camera in it, or is it only for macs with the camera installed on the front?

OP
TornSi
Reaction score
Below you will see the kind of thing I am aiming to achieve with my profile pic. I found this on google, and want to achieve the same effect (including the dot effect on the face) is this reffered to as pop art still? I presume so, If anybody has a link for a tutorial to achieve this including the dot effect on the face I would be most gratefull.

Thanks in advance!

popartexampleik9.jpg

OP
TornSi
Reaction score
It looks so good! I really want to be able to achieve it, but as I am so new to the programme it all looks so complicated! I suppose practice makes perfect! That link you provided Devilboy looks exactly what I want to achieve.

I do have another question, I have a feeling this will be much more simpler to achieve.

As you can see below I have included a picture, and you can see the blue background with the white stripes.... what is the easiest way to achieve this in PS?

Ps sorry to sound a bit dim, but as I said Im very new to this all!

backgroundexampleir6.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
You should try playing with the Filter Gallery (Filter, Filter Gallery), there are a lot of options in there. Choose a few that fit what you think looks cool, then try adding a layer and play with curves (Layer, New Adjustment Layer, Curves). Curves will adjust the overall brightness and contrast of the image.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Hmm...Interesting effect. I'll try and figure out how to do it :)

As for your photo booth query, yes, you can use Photo Booth, but only if you use it with iSight camera. I don't think it will work with other webcams though I could be wrong.

OP
TornSi
Reaction score
If you work it out then let me know, if you fancy experimenting you can use my profile pic! ;D Would help me out a lot, if you are seriously interested in using it let me know and I will mail it across normal size....

...go on you know you want to!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
Reaction score
Richmond, VA, a native of Chapel Hill, N.C.
Your Mac's Specs
17' iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16 1g ram | iPod Photo 60gb | 2G Shuffle
to get the burst of lines in the background, make an image of the color lines you want, then use the glass > pinch effect... at least that's how we did it in photoshop 7 !!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.