Reaction score
Morning,

I'm sure you'll be sick of hearing this now but i don't keep my ear to the ground much in the community so i'm relatively new to it.

I recently updated my mac and installed the 10.4.10 update and since then, there seems to be a whole host of applications which now won't start, amongst them being OfficeX (the old one) macromedia dreamweaver MX (the old one) ) and MS remote desktop.

I initially thought it was a problem with rosetta but MSN messenger seems to work, as does adobe illustrator cs2 ( which I'm sure is a ppc binary.)

Any help or advice on the matter would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
have you restarted ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok. go into disk utility and repair the permissions. it may have something to do with the programs not being allowed to access what they need or not being allowed to open.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2GHz, White 80GB iPod 5th Generation
I just got an e-mail about this update. It's done it with alot of programs! One of which is Pro Tools.

Digidesign have not chosen to update Pro Tools in this update so it will no longer work if this update is installed! So these programs that aren't working could be because the companies have not chosen to keep the programs up-to-date.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
is there any way you can go back to a version of the OS that worked without reinstalling everything ?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.