Can't Access External HD thru Airport Extreme Base Station

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook w/ 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo 512MB memory & SuperDrive
I just moved from Memphis, Tn where I had Comcast cable. I now live in Northern Indiana and have Comcast again. This time when they came to hook up the cable the tech installed a piece of software on my macbook that was comcast related. While that software was installed I was able to access my external hd that is plugged into a usb drive plugged into my AEBS. The problem was I always had to turn airport off then on again on my macbook to access it. So I uninstalled the Comcast software and now I can not access the external hd. When I open the AEBS utility it recognizes the drive but it doesn't seem to want to show up on my macbook. I have tried all sorts of techniques of unplugging and replugging everything back in and still nothing.

I am also up to date on all the updates for the AEBS.

Do I really have to unplug everything and reset the AEBS? Thus then having to replug everything back in and reset everything else up.

I was hoping to not have to do that.
Can anyone help me out here?

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Can anyone help out with this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
try repairing permissions first. this sounds weird, but for some reason it does somethings that no one would think affected anything. then, do you really need the comcast program? if you have the disk with it on there, i would remove the comcast program. hope this helps.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the idea. I ended up reseting the AEBS and then changing the Station Name, Network Name and the password to access Base Station and disks. Thanks so much I was beginning to loose my mind trying to figure this out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.