Volume

J

JRJ26

I have a 12" PowerBook G4. Is there any way to make the volume louder? I have it as high as possible, but it doesn't seem loud enough to hear movies and clips(i'm watching the WWDC right now.). Is there any way, or do i need to get external speakers?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum PowerBook G4. 15.2" SUPAH-drive
I guess you pretty much answered your own question. Or you can just opt out for a good set of headphones.

EY

OP
S

SogniX

I don't have too much infomation, but I saw a set of speakers that will attach to the laptop and are adjustable to fit many laptops. From Sony.
I think they may be battery powered (booo!). I've been having the same problem. I'll look into it as I need them too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
JRJ26 said:
I have a 12" PowerBook G4. Is there any way to make the volume louder? I have it as high as possible, but it doesn't seem loud enough to hear movies and clips(i'm watching the WWDC right now.). Is there any way, or do i need to get external speakers?

Do you have both the computer's main volume and the volume on your media player turned up fully? I don't have problems hearing movies or clips on my iBook, even without the volume fully up.

OP
S

SogniX

As far as mine's goes.
It's actually fine in quiet environments...

The only items I run into problems with is watching DVDs and talking on iChat in noisy environments.
Such as:
at the office with a Window AC and floor fan,
or visiting family (with them talking around me) "Can you hear me now" is what the other party on iChat keeps repeating to me! heh :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
I guess I just got lucky. When I turn my Powerbook volume and player volume both all the way up, it's very loud, and sounds quite good.

The answer to your question is probably just to get some headphones.

OP
S

SogniX

itunes is fine for me... especially with the eq.

Try watching a DVD or doing voice chat in a noisy room (near an AC, or people talking in the background). :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.