downloading issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33ghz 2 Gb RAM 160GB 17" Glossy...
I can't seem to download files now???? When i was trying to download from torrents using azureus the download said ... cannot create file?? now when i tried to download a new version of azureus i get the same message???

any ideas--

thanks

OP
melow71
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Serioussss

MY downloading is not working, no files will download, it says the same thing everytime... cannot create dmg or file?????? how to fix??? where would i look for fixing this on my MBP. using tiger at the moment.. HOW TO FIXX... Someone please respond... i know i have already posted this in another group, but nobody is responding HELLPPPP !!!!

thanks and sorry for the double posting, but i need a response from someone...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
OP
melow71
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
your right, i'm sorry, but can you actually help me with my problem...??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
your right, i'm sorry, but can you actually help me with my problem...??

Try repairing permissions. If that doesn't work, I don't know.

Also try the search button at the top of the forum to see if this has been discussed before.

OP
melow71
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
how would i repair permissions... I know it is dumb question, but this started only a day ago, for some reason.??

OP
melow71
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Permissions

I have noticed that when i click my desktop and rightclick to select "get info", a small box appears and states at the bottom that I have no permission ??? Nothing it seems will download onto my desktop as it did before, and a permission problem seems to be the major culprit. Any suggestions or ideas on how to rectify this issue??

tnks-

M

MacHeadCase

What changed before it was working right and when it started acting up?

Did you install any new software?

Did you add any new peripherals to your setup?

Did you change any settings in your user account?

Do you leave your Mac on (on, not in Sleep mode) all day, every day so it can run its built-in maintenance tasks?

Have you tried creating a new user account to see if the problem is there as well as in your usual user account?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Um...run Repair Permissions using Disk Utility which was recommended in your other threads of which I will now combine this one with.

As you've been told before....crossposting and starting 100 new thread for the same issue are not permitted.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
how would i repair permissions... I know it is dumb question, but this started only a day ago, for some reason.??

Try the search at the top of the forum...

OP
melow71
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
okay, i think macheadcase hit the nail on the head with his/her questions.... so thank you because I doooo appreciate it.. also when i created another account and logged into it, the download issue was not a problem. Soooo I am thinking that if i do a archive and install with the start-up disks then the system settings should resort to their original state of "working properly" and everything should be fine.. Macheadcase, do you think this will solve the problem??

M

MacHeadCase

An Archive and Install is kinda like using a bazooka to kill a fly.

Try answering the questions I posted earlier one by one and we'll take it from there.

That the new user account works ok only means that there is something not right with your usual account maybe a software conflict.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Have you tried repairing permissions yet? This may solve your problem without having to go through the drastic steps of reinstalling.

M

MacHeadCase

Yep repairing disk permissions sometimes will cure odd behaviour like you are experiencing.

OP
melow71
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
not sure how to do that... i know i have to go to utilities but what would be the process??

OP
melow71
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i was downloading software from torrents, and i left my computer on for like two or three days...

M

MacHeadCase

Just launch DiskUtility, select your hard drive icon in the left sidebar and click on the repair disk permissions button. Simple as that.

M

MacHeadCase

i was downloading software from torrents, and i left my computer on for like two or three days...

Most likely one of those downloads mucked up something in your user account. Maybe even your torrent client.

OP
melow71
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
verified and repaired the hard drive, but still will not download anything.. my desktop has taken my permissions away and nothing will download to the desktop..

OP
melow71
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
when i open a folder for my downloads from azureus, my desktop icon is present within it??? but when I try and drag it to the left where the desktop icon is with applications, documents...etcc.... it says "an unexpected error error code-1 ??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.