Headphone Sound Change

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP SR 2.2Ghz 15.4" LED
When I put my earphones in my sound immediately changes. The volume is set at the lowest possible and when I put my earphones in it immediately jumps to the middle sound setting.

Is there a way of keeping the same sound level when I plug in my earphones? or is something I just have to live with.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
what i've noticed is that my macbook seems to remember the volume for the internal and external speakers separately. if you lower your headphone volume before you remove them, it should remember where it was at next time you plug them in (keyword: should, no guarantees mate).

OP
yellow19man
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP SR 2.2Ghz 15.4" LED
what i've noticed is that my macbook seems to remember the volume for the internal and external speakers separately. if you lower your headphone volume before you remove them, it should remember where it was at next time you plug them in (keyword: should, no guarantees mate).

So far you are dead right. Thanks for the help! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.16gHz 1GB ram white, 60GB iPod Photo
I love this feature on my macbook! Too many times I've gone temporarily deaf when plugging in my earphones before reducing the volume. Too many times.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
I love this feature on my macbook! Too many times I've gone temporarily deaf when plugging in my earphones before reducing the volume. Too many times.
I agree with you here. :) Very wonderful feature.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
yh this sounds like a really kl feature. because many times i have put my ipod headphones on and plugged them into the ibook and blaaahhhh im suddenly blasted a ton of sound at me. ! so this sounds gd.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.