Slowdown Normal?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.16gz, 2gb RAM || 20" iMac, 2.4gz, 2gb RAM
Hey guys. Ill start with how much I still love my MBP. Ive used it everyday since Feb 11th :p . Tis a pleasure to work with.

Now here comes the problem, when I first got it, I used Front Row quite a bit, and the media would load almost instantaneously, now 7 months and 1 FULL Hard Drive later, the media can take up to 3 minutes to start, even scrolling through folders is becoming a pain. Is this because the Hard Drive is full? If so I will invest in an External HD (Recommendations Welcomed).

Thanks for any help / advice. :Oops:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP SR 2.2Ghz 15.4" LED
From previous experiences with PC's and Mac's, a heavy HD does seem to slow things down. I did find performance improvements in the past by defragmenting the HD.

I think I read on this forum that Mac OS X doesn't really get affected by the fragmenting of HD's. I might be wrong though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad, 1GB RAM
you need extra space on the HD for virtual memory. So that is part of the problem. Also use OnyX regularly for maintenance.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.