DJ/Club Set Up?

H

HomeSpecial

Does anyone know how I could hook up some DJ club type speakers to the G4?

Any ideas of what's a good set up?

Thanks,

John

OP
D

d4rr3n

umm

Can't just run the audio out on the g4 to an amplifier and connect the speakers to that?

OP
N

nicholas

No multimedia speakers are going to bump the way you'll want them to if you're planning on hosting any type of 20+ person party. Well, not unless you daisy chain atleast 10 subwoofers together. No, it's a much better solution to use your audio out jack to a Y-connector, which splits the signal into the left and right (red and white) signals of an RCA chord. Use that to input into a stereo or home theater receiver, which of course will need to be connected to your own set of passive or powered speakers AND a subwoofer (since you want club/house/trance/techno type music). Any more questions, feel free to ask.

OP
H

HomeSpecial

Thank you for the information. This is what I need to get me going before the weekend. I do have a home stereo from sony I was hoping to use as the output source but if I have to go with an amp that's fine.. I would just buy one. This will be an Outdoor thing in very big open area in the middle of nowhere with about 70 or so people so it has to kick a little.

If you have any other suggestions for equipment I'll be going out to buy things tomorrow. Thanks again,

John

OP
N

nicholas

Whoa, 70 people or more? Ok, we're talking out of the realm of any home theater receiver then. You'll definitely need an amp to take care of this. So my questions to you are:

1) Is this going to be a one time thing, or will this amp be an investment?

2) What else will you be using this amp for, when this party is over? Is this going to just be used whenever you have these types of parties, or are you planning on using your receiver as a preamp in conjunction with your amp for all your home theater needs?

3) What is your budget?

OP
H

HomeSpecial

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. I decided to get a pair of JBL 15" EON's and a 16 channel mixing board that will act as the amp since these speakers are already powered internally. I will pick them up tomorrow morning for $500 total which is a very good deal.

I have a very large group of freinds that party at least every 2 weeks so I'll likely use them again and again.

If all works I thought I would run a cord from the headphone jack out. On the otherside would be an RCA jack or a 1/4 inch jack for the mixer. Then it's just a matter of lining up some songs (I've got a little over 7000 songs on my powerbook so far. I've got room for about another 50-100 songs but I'm pretty sure 37 gigs of music is enough for 3 days. :)

If you have some suggestions beyond this I'd still appreciate it.

Thanks,

John

nicholas said:
Whoa, 70 people or more? Ok, we're talking out of the realm of any home theater receiver then. You'll definitely need an amp to take care of this. So my questions to you are:

1) Is this going to be a one time thing, or will this amp be an investment?

2) What else will you be using this amp for, when this party is over? Is this going to just be used whenever you have these types of parties, or are you planning on using your receiver as a preamp in conjunction with your amp for all your home theater needs?

3) What is your budget?

OP
N

nicholas

Well it sounds like you're pretty much set for the party. Since your speakers are powered, they should fit the bill. I only hope they have at least 150-200 watts RMS since you're going to need to push a lot of air with that many people in the room.

I only have I little concern. I wonder if you're speakers can provide the room shaking bass that is going to be expected at any club-type party. In other words...you might need a subwoofer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.