Please help, Photoshop 7

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4, 1.25 GHz 2gig DDR SDRAM, 120Gig hard drive. 60gig vid ipod. Canon 1D MKIII
I have photoshop 7.0.1 Educational version and osx 10.4.10 on a powerbook G4.

Something went crazy I don't know what, but my photoshop froze and the application wouldn't respond when I was trying to use the help function. The computer wouldn't respond and before I knew it even the mouse froze on me. I had to shut down and restart the computer.

Now when I start up photoshop 7 it reads the following message:

"One or more files in the Adobe Application Support folder, necessary for running photoshop under OS X, are missing. Please run the Photoshop installer under OS X and re-install Photoshop or custom install the "mac OS 9 to Mac OS X Tune-up".

So I checked and sure enough I no longer have a support file for photoshop in my library. I got this copy of photoshop in college when I bought my computer and I no longer have the software CD or serial number required to re-install the program.

How can I fix this, can I get a new support folder somehow?

Reaction score
That's happened a half-dozen times to me. Unfortunately, I know of no way to repair Photoshop 7 other than to reinstall it from the disks.

I run OS 9 as well as X, and when it happens, Photoshop won't run in either system. The file must be near or at root level and shared between both systems.

I've tried to compare Photoshop's files before reinstalling and after, but I didn't discover which one disappeared, so I reinstalled.

If I were paranoid, I'd suspect Adobe wrote suicide code to ensure the app isn't pirated.

OP
stkshftgti
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4, 1.25 GHz 2gig DDR SDRAM, 120Gig hard drive. 60gig vid ipod. Canon 1D MKIII
Darn, I really need the program. Funny thing... the program still works just fine as far as I can tell, I just hit ok after the error message pops up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac, 4 GB mem, 2 TB disk space
I had that trouble also. However now after upgrading to OS10.5.6, it won't work at all. I love Photoshop7.0.1 but now can't even open pictures saved in photoshop format. I bought Photoshop CS4, but it turned out to be for windows only. (should have been more carefull in reading the fine print) I am told to run an OS 9 to OS 10 tune up - where can i get that?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.