12" PowerBook screen dead pixel???

H

hill.ed

ive just watched Blade II on my new powerbook and realised a small bright red pixel in the middle to the right, is it a dead pixel or something like that, and do i need to get it replaced? it seems to be there all the time, but you can only really see it when it is really dark.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
I believe Apples policy on flat screens is that you have to have like 7 dead pixels in order to qualify for an exchange. I would still call and ask.

BTW, this isn't the right place for this topic.

Moving to the PowerBook forum....

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I have read that, if you gently rub the area (red pixel). it may resolve the problem.

OP
H

hill.ed

its okay now, i shutdown the mac and when turning it back on, it totally disapeared, so no complaints anymore, and thanks for the info.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
yeah, clock wise, light masage of the area, can sometimes revive the dead pixel.

OP
S

StealthMode

I got that as well, no big deal though. But I just noticed that I actually have a dead pixel now, massaging it didn't help this time though :( Oh well, at least it is only one.

Stealth -

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
hmm, counter-clock wise massaging should 'revive' single pixels.. you must have a rare problem.. :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.