its ordered !!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
Well yesterday evening i ordered my MBP. I got the 2.4ghz 15.4inch glossy screen.

cant wait !

but unfortunatly i didnt get the ipod nano promotion cos its not here in the uk yet. - unfair !!!

ahh well i already have a 1st gen so its ok.

i also bought a neopreme case, a spek shell hard cover, wireless mighty mouse and apple care. because i will get some student discount i got a promotion with the apple care and instead of just above £200 i got it for just above £50. ! nice !

anyways. reviews coming on youtube soon - probs beggining of september.

OP
christm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yh i recon i will. i looked at a macbook but decided on the mbp because of the screen the ram and the graphics.

OP
christm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
update - its sucks that i have to wait an extra 4 working days just because i want the glossy screen. so now i wont have it for ma bday :(. ahh well hope its worth the wait.

did anyone else have to wait extra because they had a glossy screen ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2Ghz C2D (Black), 4GB RAM, 320GB Disk, MAC OSX 10.6.1, AC, 80Gig Classic, iPhone 16G 3G
No, but my MBP 15inch Glossy 2.4Ghz arrives today - one month after order. The build took two weeks and it has been shipping for god knows how long. I mean iLife'08 has been released since I purchased it and I still don't have :) I visited the Apple store in Bluewater the other day and the guy said he had it in stock :(

OP
christm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ouch thats a while ! i really hope mine isnt a month cos i need it for 6th form (A levals) this september.

ahh many happy memories in that store. i went up for a weekend and spent like soo many hours in there :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Congrats to you! You'll have hours of enjoyment with your new purchase.

I know...the wait is a killer, but eventually you'll be telling us how really awesome it is! Have fun! :)

OP
christm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yh i will ! cant wait. i phoned them yesterday and they put it on pririty 1 or summin as i need it for skl on the 5th of september ! :O

thanks for all your replies.

Reaction score
Enjoy that! It's been over a month now that I have had mine and I don't regret it one bit. I'm taking mine on vacation with me next week!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2Ghz C2D (Black), 4GB RAM, 320GB Disk, MAC OSX 10.6.1, AC, 80Gig Classic, iPhone 16G 3G
YES! My laptop arrived on Monday and it is lovely. I have to admit the screen is amazing and the feel of the machine is total quality. The only downsides are the nasty noises the superdrive makes when loading a disk (however this is normal) and the position I type in makes the screen dim sometimes as the light sensors think its evening :)

I think it was worth the wait and I got iLife'08 installed with the machine and it's on the reinstall disks... sweet. I've purchased iWork'08 too and that is really cool. What else could I want ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz C2D, 2Gb, 160Gb 256Mb Vram, OSX Leopard!, ViewSonic 20" Widescreen TFT
I think it was worth the wait and I got iLife'08 installed with the machine and it's on the reinstall disks... sweet. I've purchased iWork'08 too and that is really cool. What else could I want ...

Congrats to both of you.

Jezster: When did you order it? I ordered mine on 27th July, not due to arrive until next week, I also ordered a 15" Matte 2.4 standard spec with iWork '06 but it got held for a week because of iWork '08 coming out. I know its definitely coming with iWork '08, i just hope i get iLife '08 too. Are you in the UK?

Christm: just to make you aware, the apple care for £58 on Education isnt normal apple care. I ordered it too, but noticed after, online, that the AppleCare is on the educational store for £230 and the EMEA CC-HE contract uplift for £58. I called Apple and apparently the uplift is to 3 year warrinty but the addtional telephone support is throught the IT department of your University. Strange.

OP
christm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
kl cheers for all the replies guys.

oh that apple care thing is strange ahh well i will sort that out when it comes to it.

i really hope mine comes soon as im desperate to set it all up :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Congrats to both of you.

Jezster: When did you order it? I ordered mine on 27th July, not due to arrive until next week, I also ordered a 15" Matte 2.4 standard spec with iWork '06 but it got held for a week because of iWork '08 coming out. I know its definitely coming with iWork '08, i just hope i get iLife '08 too. Are you in the UK?

I ordered mine on the 23rd July and yes it was held up. I did get iLife'08 and the Demo of iWork'08. I liked iWork so much I visited the Apple store in Bluewater and purchased a copy for £55. Oh, and yes I am in the UK.

The only problem I have at the moment is that I performed a clean installation of the OS due to 'family members saying they understood Unix and Terminals'. However I now don't have the ComicLife app or any of the Omni-stuff :( Time for me to call apple...

Also I have installed the Xcode stuff but can't fine the development IDE, any ideas where it might be?

Reaction score
Mbps are very fun to use. jezter: slip in the mac OS X install disk 1, and do the optional installs thing. My dad claims to understand Unix and Terminals too.
Can't change a simple text file on one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well I tried that only to find that various applications that are on the original disk image do not exist on the installation CD's. I have confirmed this with Apple level 2 tech support so beware... :) Comic Life and Omni outliner are free full version and not trials as first suggested by apple technical support.

OP
christm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yh you get comic life on all new intel macs now. i have it on my imac its fun to use but i dont really have much time to use it. although i think i will in the future.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.