15.4" Replacement Screen?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.16GHZ C2D,120 GB HDD 3GB Ram
i have a scratch in my screen its just in te glass but the lcd part its self is it possible to replace that or would i have 2 replace the whole screen.

i have laptop business cover from pcworld but i dont think they would cover that.

by the way im in the uk. so uk prices please

cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2Ghz C2D (Black), 4GB RAM, 320GB Disk, MAC OSX 10.6.1, AC, 80Gig Classic, iPhone 16G 3G
You would have to replace the whole screen - I've just do this for my wife's Dell. The alternative is to claim on the house insurance ...

OP
Macwillis
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.16GHZ C2D,120 GB HDD 3GB Ram
orite. well i live with my parents so i cant really do that. its not very noticable just when i have a white background .ill just live with it. or when something does happen and i send it in for repair for pcworld ill tell them that it wasnt like that when i sent it in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
orite. well i live with my parents so i cant really do that. its not very noticable just when i have a white background .ill just live with it. or when something does happen and i send it in for repair for pcworld ill tell them that it wasnt like that when i sent it in.

commit fraud? sounds like a great idea [/sarcasm]

either way i think you are toast. if you replaced the lcd screen yourself that involves taking it apart in ways that void probably any warranty you have on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I don't know how to replace the a screen on a MBP but on iBooks you have the choice of replacing the whole top lid or just the screen itself. I would assume it'd be the same way. I don't know how the MBP's are built if you can just remove the back plate (or top lid) and just go in that way.
I would just live with it for now.
Bryan

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.