issues waking from sleep

Reaction score
i've got one of the new santarosa mbp's and i've been having issues with it not waking from sleep when its hooked up to and external keyboard/mouse (via kvm) and lcd

when running the notebook like this i run it with the lid closed, and lately if its been to sleep for an hour or more it doesnt want to wake up with the external kb/mouse. when it does this the light on the mbp is solid, whereas normally it would be doing its weird blinking.

one thing i noticed is it seems like the usb ports dont work when it's in this state. i discovered this by trying to bypass my kvm'd kb/mouse and use a notebook portable mouse.... the light on the adapter wont light up.

any thoughts?

OP
R
Reaction score
anyone had this issue? i did some searches and most of what i found was on the old models which was supposed to have been fixed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP SR 2.2Ghz 15.4" LED
I had this problem with the waking up from sleep as well.

I have a normal mouse attached through USB, ethernet cord, and the mag safe. When I put the computer to sleep with all three attached and I unplugged one of them during sleep my computer would not wake-up properly. I would get a blank screen but my white light would be solid.

After a few trial and error runs I came to this conclusion. When I put it to sleep I have to keep all three items connected through the entire sleep cycle. Or, I disconnect everything before putting it to sleep.

That is how I solved by sleep/blank screen problem.

OP
R
Reaction score
I had this problem with the waking up from sleep as well.

I have a normal mouse attached through USB, ethernet cord, and the mag safe. When I put the computer to sleep with all three attached and I unplugged one of them during sleep my computer would not wake-up properly. I would get a blank screen but my white light would be solid.

After a few trial and error runs I came to this conclusion. When I put it to sleep I have to keep all three items connected through the entire sleep cycle. Or, I disconnect everything before putting it to sleep.

That is how I solved by sleep/blank screen problem.

sounds similar to my problem. when my kvm detects that one of the connections is gone (which it does when the notebook goes to sleep) it switches to the live connection.

though it doesnt happen every time. but so far the only way i've found to get the notebook to come back on is to hold the power button down to reboot.

OP
R
Reaction score
after more trial and error, it seems that one big issue is that i put it to sleep connected to an external LCD mouse and kb, with ethernet connected.... when i try waking it up....the light goes solid as if it's awake from sleep... but the external lcd either stays dark (no connection detected) or it comes on with the unlock screen but completely freezes then goes dark (no connection detected again)

at this point i've only successfully gotten it to wake up after this happens one time...and that was by disconnecting everything and opening and closing the lid a few times, but other than that it requires a hard boot to get the notebook working again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.