iLife 08 Installation Issue - Need Help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook, 2GHz, 2GB RAM
Just got iLife 08 as a gift from a family member, and i'v run into some trouble, when i click the installer it opens up ready to install,and then a message appears saying that "this package contains a program that determines if this software can be installed", fair enough so i click continue, but then i get a message saying " iLife is not compatible with the language of your computer, please obtain a copy of ilife for the language of your computer" so i'm like what? I'v tried absolutely everything i can think of, I'm a Newbie which doesn't help, and when i ring apple they don't seem to have a clue :Shouting: (really annoying), Thing that stuck me was on the Box of iLife 08 it says system requirements Mac OS X 10.4.9 or later, and i'm on Mac OS X 10.4.10 it cant be that apple have made Newer software for later versions of the OS? that wouldn't make any sense. Anyways i m really stuck and really annoyed with this:[ , so some help would be very much appreciated......Thank you

M

MacHeadCase

Did the iLife 08 package come from the US? I'm thinking that maybe it's just that you have set your Mac to use UK English as the language and iLife is for US English.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook, 2GHz, 2GB RAM
No it was purchased in the UK at our local apple store, but i just changed the language to US to see if that had any effect, and it didnt, i'm still lost, thank you for your suggestion though

M

MacHeadCase

Ok well take it back to the Apple Store and ask to get another copy. It's rather touchy as you don't have the receipt with you.

What Mac model do you use? I'm thinking that if it is a notebook, you could take it with you and ask them what the heck is going on with the installer.

Reaction score
iLife is not Compatible with the Language of your computer

I also had this issue on a G5 running OSX 10.4.10. All the language settings were correct and the CD was purchased locally in New York.

I was on the phone with Apple support for 1 1/2 hours trying everything and nothing worked until I did an Archive and install of OSX. Once the install was finished I did a search for updates and and loaded them all. When I reloaded iLife O8 it loaded just fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.