Help with website

OP
robbiemullen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro (2010) 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM
I was thinking of doing that, but i am new to Wordpress and have only started writting CSS, I would be afraid that if i linked an external style sheet, that it might mess up the current one. do you have much experience with Wordpress ?
The visual editor, I am not sure about that..if i switched it off what would happen ?

Sorry i know these sound like dumb questions:Oops:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHZ White MacBook w/ 1 GB of RAM
Instead of creating a different external stylesheet, put the CSS code into your current stylesheet, and if it doesn't work, you can always just take it out. :) The visual editor is just a WYSIWYG editor so it shouldn't do anything major to your website. If it does, you can always turn it back on.

OP
robbiemullen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Is their any plug-ins out their that would help some of my problems..? i have been looking at that WP table plugin, it might tidy up that tables i created in HTML and make them look neater.
I would just like to be able to write HTML code without Wordpress adding crap to it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
It's hard to put code into a wordpress/blog article. It usually thinks you're pasting rich text, and will put in extraneous formatting code.

OP
robbiemullen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
is their anyway around that problem ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
In my experience, no. Well, yes. But it's a major pain, you have to edit WordPress's programming. And if you go to edit the article later, it will re-inject the formatting. I haven't played around with WordPress TOO much. In the two weeks I wrestled with it I got fed up and went a different way. But I'm sure someone wrote a plugin for it that will let you paste in HTML... have you googled it? "wordpress pastehtml plugin" or somesuch

Reaction score
ok..this is the situation:

I am using Taco HTML edit to write my HTML & CSS. When i am happy with the way it looks (using Taco with Safari to preview it), I then copy and paste the code from Taco edit into the page content of Wordpress. I then save it and preview it in Safari. Next I preview the page on a PC using IE 7 and make a contrast to that of Safari.

I have applied CSS to the following page with tables:

http://www.dkitsu.ie/?page_id=25

but Wordpress is not showing it, it seems fine when previewed with Taco + Safari.

Does this sound like a bad setup to be using? Is their any other software out their that i could use that would make these formatting issues a thing of the past ?

Your problem is with the wordpress theme stylesheet.

Wordpress is a CMS (Content Management System) for blogging.

I would say dump wordpress and code your own site entirely, it'd be alot easier that way, it would make more sense for you and you would learn more. Anyway, its not very hard to do... after about an hour or so of coding you'll be laughing.

On the other hand you could try using something like Dreamweaver or GoLive... but I'd say go for a simple CSS layout - SIMPLE!

Heres some links for you:

http://www.csszengarden.com/
http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/

OP
robbiemullen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Cant find any type of plug-in like that. are their any other alternatives ?

OP
robbiemullen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ireland - From Longford but Living in Dublin :D

Louth here, yeah i think if i get the time i will start a complete new one, i am just used to doing websites the old way with just HTML. starting using CSS, very nice:D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.