cs2 background question

Reaction score
Why is my background not showing up and all I see is my mac desktop through the photoshop interface? Anyway to turn the background on so if I click anywhere photoshop doesn't dissapear?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.6Ghz | 200GB 7200 | 4GB Ram | 32GB iPod Touch 2G
Pressing the "F" key will cycle you through the different view modes in Photoshop.

OP
R
Reaction score
yeah but that's not what I was looking for, on the pc photoshop has a solid background for the entire screen and when you have more then one image up you can move them around on that background. On the mac you see the desktop behind it and is rather distracting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
I think it just takes some time to get used to this, i have PS CS3 on my MBP and this happens to me too. You should try asking on the Adobe forums, i think they would be able to help you more than here, no offense to anyone else here, but that's where i go for Adobe specific questions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
yeah but that's not what I was looking for, on the pc photoshop has a solid background for the entire screen and when you have more then one image up you can move them around on that background. On the mac you see the desktop behind it and is rather distracting.

This is because Windows has no independent Menu Bar like the Mac OS does.
In order to achieve this, Windows must create an actual window to house the menus for an application. You see a similar thing with the iTunes and QuickTime versions for Windows.

Photoshop was originally developed and designed for the Macintosh platform (it didn't come to Windows until about 4-5 years after it was first released). Macs don't need to create a window for an app's menu, as it simply changes the Menu Bar to fit to whatever the app in focus is.
So in reality, there shouldn't ever be an encasing window around the app, since the original intent didn't call for it.
Now Windows obviously doesn't work this way, so Windows has to make due with what it has and create a new Window for the menu.

So, there really isn't a way to make an encasing window for the Macintosh version, since that isn't how the OS works or deals with apps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
there is a button wheres all the main tools are which does the same as F. i wonder if one of them does what your looking for ?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.