• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

100 Reasons to Switch to Mac

Reaction score
Im working on an Article at the moment on this.

I have the obvious points.... but maybe you can help me out by submitting yours?

Thanks! ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
1) Elegant and attention to detail

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.8ghz MBP6,2(4gb) | 20" iMac | 1.8 & 2.0 Mini(4gb) | iPhone4 | iPad-4Wifi
- simple yet productive

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM 320GB HD, 15" Macbook Pro 2.53 Ghz 4GB RAM 320 GB HDD
1) Made with Love

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
For me I have a few but I'll only point out the less obvious ones that I really like.

1. A large number of useful 3rd party support.

2. 3rd party developers for OS X are responsive and constantly updating their apps.

3. The Mac switched off is a a great ornament in the house.

4. Steve Jobs

5. Boom! (just kidding)

6. Bootcamp and Parellels. (For windows related things)

7. Drag and Drop. I know its a staple element of Mac OS's since slightly before I was born but it's the one thing about this system that really sets it apart from the rest. How easy it is to do things.

8. A long lifetime. For me if I buy a mac I know it has a long life ahead itself. Even my old G3 imac though alightly show these days can still use post of the current apps and can be a productive work machine. I think after 5 years they start becomming a little too old to run anything new anymore. But still 5 years is longer than any non mac I've seen.

9. The customer service from the whole Apple team. I think it's second to none in my opinion. I just love it.

10. ilife and iwork

11. Widges. Really useful. But a little too draining on system memory for my liking. Still they get a + in my book.

12. The wow factor. People (well some of them) do look at a mac and go wow! you hace a mac. When's the last time someone said wow you have a PC? I haven't ever heard it. (I know macs are technically pcs also but most people still refer to the winboxes as pcs).

13. Smart and interesting advertising. Well the new imac ads are rather plain but still way better than any other brand of computer's ads.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
It's IT right now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 MDD Dual 1.25 GHz, 1GB Ram, 80 Gig Hd, 200 Gig Hd; iMacDV 400Mhz 40GB 512Ram
8. A long lifetime. For me if I buy a mac I know it has a long life ahead itself. Even my old G3 imac though alightly show these days can still use post of the current apps and can be a productive work machine. I think after 5 years they start becomming a little too old to run anything new anymore. But still 5 years is longer than any non mac I've seen.

For sure, especially because I've never owned a brand new mac. My g3 iMac, even though i dont use it still works, although somewhat slowly. and my g4 mdd is up and kickin.

what i like most about using a mac is that i dont have to run antivirus and spyware removal software every time i surf the net. my pc gets bogged down with spyware and other crap pretty much every time i connect. it's less frustrating for me to use a mac

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I see only one reason, OSX. Sorry, but that is the deal maker for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67GHz/17" PowerBook G4/1.5 MB RAM
- shiny, gorgeous, pretty prettiness
- apples are delicious AND healthy ^_^
- my beautiful PowerBook and OSX does not give me the occasional headache of "***??!!" wanting to stab things homicidally like working with my Gateway and WindowsXP
- iLife... the additional software is not only actually USEFUL, it is so nice to use!
- Speaking of which, everything on my Mac is super easy to use and understand (no "***?!!" headaches)
- because of Osaka
Picture1.jpg
"I was writing a paper, on the PC..."
- because Apple appreciates Good Design!
- I don't need to worry about purchasing anti-virus software
- OMG... it takes my Gateway a million bazillion years to start up, and it is even slow to get going again after it is in sleep mode. But on my PowerBook everything happens lickety-split!
- SIMPLIFICATION!! COMMON SENSE!! EASE OF USE!! These things were all plainly taken into consideration when my Mac and OSX were designed.
- i don't mind using the track pad. The track pad on my Gateway annoys me to no end. I don't even mind not having a button to "right click"... I have been opting to "ctrl click" rather than hook up my 2 button usb mouse.

Reaction score
multimedia experience.
xcode.

Steve Jobs as a reason to switch to mac is a lil sad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
- because of Osaka

Hey, don't be mean to poor lil' Osaka. She's just a little slow, kinda like PC's! :p

I would say design is huge, definitely at the top of the list.

Also, Apple's software is relatively cheap: New OS $129, new production suite $79. Maybe the production stuff isn't quite as powerful as MS, but satisfies about 90% of the population and can't be beat for the price.

OP
I
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the responses so far!
I'm working on it... and I'll include all of you in the credits ;)

keep them coming!

Reaction score
I love how it is smooth, protected and like everyone else said it's easy to use, but still the highest quality. Good luck with your article!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
it's like it was made with almost everyone in mind.
on the outside, it's very simple and easy to use, and the deeper you go, the more you can do, till it's almost linux like!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.