I don't understand...

Reaction score
Why would people buy iLife '08 for $79 now, when they can get it free with the Leopard operating system in October for $129?

Am I missing something?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
why would people buy iLife '08 for $79 now, when they can get it free with the Leopard operating system in October for $129.

Am I missing something?

Yes, it won't come with Leopard, it will ony come with a new Mac. So you'll have to buy both.

This is a common misconception, I remember people rushing out to buy Tiger and wailing they didn't get Front Row last time around.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
Yes, it won't come with Leopard, it will ony come with a new Mac. So you'll have to buy both.

This is a common misconception, I remember people rushing out to buy Tiger and wailing they didn't get Front Row last time around.

Well, at-least they will this time :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Perhaps the confusion is caused by the fact that things like Front Row will now be included as part of OS X Leopard, for *all* Macs, where previously it was only "free" with some?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
This is a very common myth that despite consistent and repeated debunking, continues to perpetuate.
iLife, iWork, AppleWorks, etc have never been part of the OS nor will they ever be. Front Row was only available on some machines in the past because only a few machines actually supported it. Now, all new Macs seem to have the ability to support it, so it will likely become part of the OS, though nothing is written in stone. If you have an older machine (say a PPC Mac or a Mini), it probably won't even install.
Regardless, these apps have only been included with the purchase of a compatible system as part of that machine's software bundle.
A machine's software bundle does not equate to a retail OS.
Period.

Reaction score
just take this in mind, if people are buying it right now, and are happy with, do you think it will be included for free?

when the operating system will be like 140 bucks am guessing, and the software is 80 bucks.

as long as they keep selling it, it wont be free. its like free money to them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.