photoshop cs3 on macbook

Reaction score
Is there anybody running photoshop CS3 on Macbook (not macpro) ? Does it work fine ? Do you like it ? Do you wish you had gotten MacPro ?

I am looking to buy a Mac but still confused. I want to buy Macbook because of price but would hate if CS3 cannot work on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook white 13' Core 2 duo 2.0 Ghz, 1.5 G Ram, 160 GB Hard Drive
Hi there, I am currently using photoshop CS3 and Adobe Lightroom on my macbook. I have the white, core 2 duo, 2.0 ghz one. When I originally bought it, it only came with 1.0 GB of Ram and 80 GB Hard drive. I have since upgraded it to 1.5 GB of RAM and put in a new 160 BG Hard drive.

I have to say, that I have no issues running photoshop CS3 and Adobe Lightroom at the same time. I use IStat pro to monitor my Ram usage and CPU temperature and there is not any extreme levels. In terms of performance, i noticed a difference when i put in the extra Ram. The macbook was quite capable of rendering photos, in a decent amount of time.

If cost is a factor, the macbook works fine with Adobe CS3.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
it works fine on my macbook. In fact, I'm still surprised at how smooth it runs. I'm on a 2ghz macbook with only 1gig of ram, with no real troubles. 2gig would probably make a nice difference.

I find it actually is much more responsive on my macbook than on the G5 with 2.5gigs of ram that I use at work.

Reaction score
I've got the Blackbook 2Ghz, 2 Gig Ram and only recently moved from Windows.

I have to say the only thing that bugs me about ps3, and in fact general mac apps, is no full screen - but if you're aready a Mac user that won't bother you.

As for the PS3 itself it opens up to the point where you can open a file in roughly 30 seconds. It isn't rapid, but its quick enough, and it gets the job done. I've never had a problem with crashes or such like. I'm a Web Developer and Designer and use it for my main machine either hooked up to a 24" Dell LCD at my desk or on the sofa in front of the TV. I really thing the relative poor performance compared to a desktop is well worth the hit in terms of portability. No idea how quick it will be compared to a mb pro, and I don't really care. I'd only go for pro if I wanted to play games - which the mb basically can't.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook, 2GHz, 2GB RAM
I'm using a 13" white Macbook, 2GHz and 2GB RAM, and i'm using Photoshop CS3, Flash CS3 and Illustrator CS3 all work smoothly together, as well as Using safari, iTunes and Mail all at the same time :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core2Duo 1GB 667MHz DDR2SDRAM 120GB HD | iPod Video 80GB White | iPhone 8GB
I run Photoshop CS3, and my specs are on my signature. It works fine, but it burns the fans up when I run it with Safari, Yahoo Messenger, and iTunes.

Overall it's good concerning my specs. But if I had 2GB, it'll be better.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.