Love my iMac....but

Reaction score
I absulutely love this iMac. My problem is that after many years of Windows I have a lot of good software. I am running Parallels, (trying to anyway), and when I run my Greeting Card programs and Paint Shop, I cannot open my photo files. I do get the Parallels Shared folder on the desktop but my programs do not see it to open it.
i have been tearing my hair out over this. Am even thinking of returning this Mac and getting (dare I say it), another Windows machine.
There does not seem to be much good software out there for the mac and I have allready spent a small fortune for this Mac and can't justify spending so much more trying to find software that is as good as what I allready have.
Also there is very little support for Paralels so not much help there.
Sorry to bend you ear. Just don't know where to go from here.:(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
I have allready used my Windows in Parallels, can I use it again?

Not without having to explain yourself to Microsoft - activating it a second time in quick succession will cause a problem.

Are you sure you have the right permissions set up in parallels? The photo files need to be int he Windows virtual drive, not on the main OS X drive, otherwise some programs won't be able to see them. Also, make sure they all have .jpg as extensions, as the Mac doesn't do this by default.

I do have to wonder though why you got a Mac if you have so many Windows applications and don't consider the Mac having good software. There are lots of apps that can make greetings cards on the Mac, even iPhoto can do this. You cannot expect your Mac to work 100% with your old way of doing things, you may have to take the plunge and use different apps. Many are free!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.