Fuji Finepix S5700

Reaction score
Ive just upgraded from the Finepix 5600 to the 5700. when i plug the new camera into my mac book no drive appears however i can get the pics off the camera through iphoto which is fine but i would really like to be able to access it via a normal disk drive as well at straight though iphoto, just as i could for the 5600.
any thoughts?
thanks
JAMES

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM 320GB HD, 15" Macbook Pro 2.53 Ghz 4GB RAM 320 GB HDD
I use a xD media card reader through a USB port, no need to connect the whole camera.

Not sure if your preferences in iPhoto are set to auto open when a camera is attached or not - that may force Finder to use the disk drive.

Reaction score
Same problem here, with the Fuji Finepix S5800. Mac and iphoto do not recognise there's a camera plugged in. Camera goes into usb mode so u can't change any settings on it.
Iphoto prefs are set to auto open iphoto when a camera is attached but it wont open as it doesnt know a camera has been plugged into it.
Camera has an XD card which is a pain as the imac slot only takes SD cards - now I have to buy a card reader I guess, the camera ought to work though and it bugs me that it doesnt

Reaction score
Strangely, more playing around - through Parallels for windows XP, the camera is recognised by the win drivers and this wakes up the OS X so I can then switch back into iphoto and import the pics from the camera. Beats me why/how!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Some cameras I have owned had a USB Mode in the settings that allowed you to change it from USB drive to Camera. Not sure about your S5800 but take a look. It worked for me with a few cameras.

Just looked at the S5800 manual and says to install the software from the CD that came with the camera then open Image Capture in OSX.

Reaction score
I steered clear of the finepix software - it is bulky, stodgy, lethargic, on the old pc i just took the sd card out and slotted it into the 'puter.

Reaction score
This thread prompted me to try out the finepix cd again,that came with the camera, I had it installed on my old PC but never used it, I think it got mislaid maybe 2 years ago. Does anyone know if the software is downloadable anywhere or do i have to buy a replacement cd from Fuji?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.