sharing itunes purchased songs

M

menace3054

I purchased a lot of itunes songs, almost 100 dollars worth. the problem i only realized now, is that they are so anal about protecting them. I purchased them on my laptop, but i would also like to transfer them to my desktop or my other laptop, but it only lets me broadcast them. anyway i can share them with my other computers without having to burn a cd, and then rip it, and then go through the hassle of re-naming it? i spent a lot of money on these songs, and i dont think its worth it if you have to keep it on one machine only.

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Firewire target disk mode!

Shut down the Mac with the stuff you want to copy to the new mac. Plug a Firewire cable into both Macs. Start the Mac up, hold down the T key. When the Firewire logo appears, you will see a hard drive on the desktop of your other computer. Just copy the songs over.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
It's seven.

And he said he doesn't want to do that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you have an ethernet cable you can network them.
If you have an iPod, you can use disk mode.

OP
W

werby

Yeah, I guess the real question is, how were you planning to transfer them in the first place? Like various people have already said, plug a cable between the two macs or use an ipod. Are you referring to the fact that you have to "authorize" each computer you want to play them on?

I've successfully moved purchased tracks from computer to computer no problem, using my ipod and using FTP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Also, I understand you can share with an iPod up to 5 computers

OP
M

menace3054

i have an ipod, i was referring to just network sharing. i wanted to just make it available on the network so i can copy and paste them into my other computer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.