Downloaded Files Location

Reaction score
Hi All!! *waves*
I have searched and searched for information on "changing the location to where files are downloaded to", but alas to no avail! In otherwords...I suppose I'm not mac-savy enough yet! Whenever I receive an e-mail with a file attached that I choose to download, it automatically downloads to my Desktop. What changes do I have to make to my system in order to CHOOSE the location to where I would like to put the file while downloading it? Or do I just create a file and drag them off of the Desktop and drop them into the folder of my choice? This does not seem right what with all the fancy programs om my new MacBook. Also, while searching for a home for my files, I seem to be finding them in more than one place!! ACK!

Any insight, info and/or help would be much appreciated!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G5 Dual 1.8 GHz
In Safari, right?

Safari > Preferences...

In the General section, "Save downloaded files to"

It's Desktop by default. You can change it here.

Also, when you right-click to save images, hold the Option key to turn "Save Image to the Desktop" to "Save Image As..."

OP
M
Reaction score
Thank you remain! :Blushing:

I'm sure I'll be asking plenty more questions! lol but luckily i've been perusing the faq's here....so maybe not so many!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.