Developer of Konfabulator upset

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Sigh... the business world as we know -and have known it for a long time

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
So **** true. Why would a developer want to create programs for Apple's OS X platform if Apple steals the developer's idea and sells it integrated in their own system.
Well, at least the consumer gets it free when he/she upgrades the system. So that's good for us, but bad for developers.

OP
A
Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
This is exactly what Microsoft is doing - intergration. Windows Explorer and Internet Explorer, intergrated. Internet Explorer is built into their system to not give Firefox ect. a chance. Windows Media Player, not giving RealPlayer or Quicktime a chance.

Apple is bundling Dashboard into their OS to give Konfabulator no chance. They do that with Quicktime, and Safari, but in a different way - Finder and Safari are not intergrated, so you can use whatever browser, and you can not use Safari. That's why Microsoft is in so much legal heat.

Apple, I think you have dissapointed a lot of people.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Yeah that was a real surprise for me also.. it's not necessary.. so Im not sure why Apple did it. It's a fun widgit program that, sure can have a lot of use, but really it's not necessary.. Im really curious as to how this is all going to go. I really enjoy Apple's work, but this time.. they better buy out Konfabulator, or else I think there is going to be a lot of heat on them. I've used Konfabulator for quite some time.. I have even written a widgit for it, that gets a pretty good amount of use.. there is a big community of users.. Im not sure why they thought this would go unnoticed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Well I as a developer (lazy as I may be), have worried about a larger developer taking the action away. I created the first Macintosh AIM bot, and now there are quite a few. Even ones for iChat. I created the first macintosh Halo Spawn timer, and now there are tons... (most released a week after mine). I don't really care much. My apps are freeware and aside from FSBot all in beta stages. Evur is the only real applications we have been putting alot of time into.

Developers need to realize good ideas don't stick around their idea for long. Someone else will take it. and youve gota get on the ball and beat the competition. Or atleast patent it? ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.