Parallels has started acting strangely

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Well this is odd. It started fairly innocently, but has now gotten totally out of hand.

Firstly I noticed by Blue-Tooth because disabled in OS X when I started Windows in parallels, so my Mighty Mouse just stopped. As soon as I closed down Windows, it started working again. This never used to be an issue.

Then by CD-ROM would not be available in OS X if I had Windows up and running. Sure, it would be available to Windows, but not the main OS.

Finally, Expose has stopped working when a Windows program is in the foreground. Nothing happens. F9, F10 and F11 all disabled. Again, this was never an issue until recently. In fact I could even switch between a fully screen remote desktop connection in Windows to work, back to Firefox in OX X using Expose.

Windows is trying to take over my Mac, even from Parallels... all joking aside I am a bit worried.

OP
Zoolook
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Hey guys, anyone else noticed this.

I worked out expose doesn't work if the mouse is over the windows app, or if you're in full screen. It definitely HAS been working since I installed it, until very recently.

I tried uninstalling it and re-installing it, but it's still broken.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" 2.0GHz C2D iMac, 2.5GB RAM || 2GHz C2D Macbook White, 2GB RAM || PowerMac G4 533MHz, 1GB RAM
Check the devices and make sure they aren't getting forwarded to Parallels. If they are, they'll remain inactive on OS X until the VM is closed

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.