Aperture on a MacBook

Reaction score
I believe this is the right forum...

I plan to purchase Aperture, but only have the MacBook 2 GHz with a gig of ram. I called apple to see if it would run well, they said simply "not to its best performance" - I asked why, they said they don't know...

Does anyone have any past experience? Please let me know - thanks so much!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook (black) 2.0 ghz CTD/2gb RAM. iPod Nano Gen 1 (4 GB)
I've got a 2.0 GHZ macbook with 2 GB of RAM and it ran just fine for me. I'd think it would do great with only 1 GB of ram as well. The only think I see as limiting about running Aperture on a Macbook is the smaller size of the macbook's screen; with photoediting, the bigger the display the better for obvious reasons.

What camera are you using?

SLC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I don't know about you guys, but it didn't work for me. Said my computer didn't meet minimum specs (most likely has to do with the integrated graphics)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2.0GHz Macbook, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD
I have a 1st-Gen 2.0GHz Macbook with 2GB of ram and it runs a little slow. So slow that I decided to use Adobe Lightroom instead.

I don't know if I'm expecting too much or if it's because I my pictures are roughly 3-5mb in size, taken from a DSLR.

The best thing to do is to go to the Aperture site and download the free trial. If it works good enough for you then buy it. If not, I high recommend Adobe Lightroom. It runs a lot faster and it's much cheaper.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.