I forgot how crap Windows is (Anti Virus)

Reaction score
Oh man, i've just installed XP on my Macbook, do I still need all of the anti virus / spyware blah de blah de blu stuff?

I'm installing some free stuff and its just confirming how vulnerable windows is.

It truly is a monumental piece of trash!:eek:

EDIT: YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING! I have just run adaware and windows has not been on my system 5 minutes and it has 69 infected files, is that normal?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac 24 Extreme - 500 Gig HD - 4 Gigs Ram
EDIT: YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING! I have just run adaware and windows has not been on my system 5 minutes and it has 69 infected files, is that normal?

NO that is not normal at all - what are you doing right!!! You should have a lot more than that!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
The rumor is that an unprotected PC running Windows, exposed to the net, will be infected in no more than 10 minutes. Yep, total piece of ...ahem... fecal matter! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
I learned my lesson ...

What I did on my last clean install was install all my anti(crap) first before connecting to the internet. No bugs here... maybe 1 low-risk thingie every 2 weeks or so but I"m germ free.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.