good time to buy a macbook?

Reaction score
Im starting uni in september and I want to buy a macbook but I was just wondering if its a good time to get one.

Is it likely that there'll be any new updates soon?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, 2.16GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM
If you need one, get one.

According to the Mac Buyer's Guide, it doesn't matter too much if you buy one now.

Reaction score
what up. ya now is a good time to buy a Macbook. Now that the Core2Doe generation is out, you can't go wrong!

OP
W
Reaction score
I've ordered it! Im so excited. This is my first Mac so I think I better read up on those switchers guide posts.

Unfortunately I'm in the UK and theres no back to school offer on at the moment. :[ Also does anyone know if I'll get iLife 06 or 08?

Reaction score
you'll get iLife 08 dude.

Congrats on your order - enjoy! But can you handle the wait for delivery!!! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0Ghz C2D 2GB RAM 250GB HD & Superdrive
Congrats on the purchase. You'll love the MacBook!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Core2Duo 2.2Ghz 250GB HDD 1.0GB [ON ORDER] ; iPhone 8GB
I've ordered it! Im so excited. This is my first Mac so I think I better read up on those switchers guide posts.

Unfortunately I'm in the UK and theres no back to school offer on at the moment. :[ Also does anyone know if I'll get iLife 06 or 08?

You should fly to the USA, with minimal luggage go straight to an apple store and buy the laptop, and then fly back. The total cost incl. airfare will still be less due to the exchange rate and the fact that the macbook is cheaper in the USA.
Don't bring the box back, since then you will probably get asked to pay import taxes. If you want to keep the box, post it back to yourself in the UK empty.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.