Yep my phone got stolen last night.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1GB MacBook
Yeah I couldnt believe this last night me and friend drove to the beer store and went in and grabbed some beers and when I came out my phone which was in the cup holder was gone. Im not really worried about it since I got it for free it was a samsung blackjack. Anyways I am thinking of going and buying and iPhone today probally just the 4GB model.

Anyways do you guys think this is a good idea ? yay or nay

Comments appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro. 2.3Ghz Intel Core i7 running OSX 10.14.6, 16GB Ram
He He. You're asking a bunch of Mac freaks if you should go buy an Apple product?

I like it!

I reckon you should get an HP Palm with one of those little stylus thingys.;P

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
The iPhone is a solid product if you're not intending to use it in a large-business setting (it doesn't sound like you are).

Right now, you need to be concerned with how your old phone is being used. If you haven't done so already, you need to contact your cell provider immediately and report it stolen, otherwise, you could be liable for the charges incurred by the thief.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
Yeah I couldnt believe this last night me and friend drove to the beer store and went in and grabbed some beers and when I came out my phone which was in the cup holder was gone. Im not really worried about it since I got it for free it was a samsung blackjack. Anyways I am thinking of going and buying and iPhone today probally just the 4GB model.

Anyways do you guys think this is a good idea ? yay or nay

Comments appreciated.
No. I don't think it is a good idea. You left your phone visible to thieves, and one acted accordingly.

The 4GB model is $500, you'll spend $100+ for your first bill and roughly $70 each subsequent month (for the least expensive service level). If you lose it, you're out $500 in an iPhone and you'll pay AT&T $200 to cancel your contract if you haven't fulfilled your two year agreement.

Are you willing to protect it like cash? Can you afford to lose one? The iPhone lets you store lots of personal information. Will you lock it with a passcode that you're willing to enter every time you use it, or do you want thieves to access that information too?

Sorry someone stole your phone. Unless you're willing to either protect an iPhone or to lose a lot of money, I don't think it is a good idea for you. Btw, you can apply these same thoughts to other cell phones. Hope this helps!

Reaction score
Well you certainly have a good excuse to buy an iPhone! But I think you might consider changing your habits first - otherwise you will just be calling the iPolice. :$

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, Intel Core 2 Duo
idont mean to steal ur thread. Can you buy an iphone from an apple store in the US without activating it with ATT?
Or is it only available through ATT outlets/booths?

thanks

Reaction score
idont mean to steal ur thread. Can you buy an iphone from an apple store in the US without activating it with ATT?
Or is it only available through ATT outlets/booths?

thanks

Apple stores and some ATT stores carry them. You can buy them without activating but you can't do anything on the phone without activating it first. Nothing will work until then, not even the calculator.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
bad luck. but its gd that your having a positive look on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I used to have a very nice pair of sunglasses, then lost them. Then I bought another very nice pair, then lost them. After that I used wal-mart sunglasses for a long time.

Unless you think you can keep your expensive items secure, I wouldn't recommend buying one.

Also, just an observation here, but you claim your stolen phone is not big deal because it was free, but it is costing you: loss of phone use, time to get a new phone, cost of a new phone. If you get an iPhone, that stolen phone is going to cost you at least $500 in cash plus other costs you don't consider! (this is how you start thinking after a couple economics courses)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.