Advice wanted...

Reaction score
Ok...as I have announced on another thread, I am buying a MBP in Sept. I have a question though.
Going by Apple's online prices, I can get a 15" 2.2 with a 160Mb 7200 HHD pre loaded with iWorks08 for $2303 or $2728 for the 2.4 with the same HDD.
I can get a 4 GB ram kit from Kingston for $266.
Is it a better deal to get the 2.2 setup I want and buy the ram kit or get the 2.4 setup and stick with 2 GB?
Will the 7200 HDD make a big difference over the 5400? Will 4 GB make a big difference over 2 GB? Also what kind of difference would be between the vram sizes? 128 vs 256 ?
Just want the most bang for my buck is all.

I will use my MBP for the daily stuff most people use a computer for. Internet, word processing, photos, video, music, etc... Nothing intensive at all, but I like fast machines.

Thanks for any comments.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte, Macbook Pro 2.2 gHz, 2 GB Ram, 120GB HDD
I will use my MBP for the daily stuff most people use a computer for. Internet, word processing, photos, video, music, etc... Nothing intensive at all, but I like fast machines.
If you got the 2.4, it would be a waste of money. Your RAM would go unused. A stock 2.2 is honeslty more than enough speed for you. I have one, and even with 6-7 apps open, including intense ones like photoshop, the computer still runs without a flaw.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.