some help please

Reaction score
i wonder if anyone can help me.

i have a friend who has asked me to design a logo for his company and ok ive done that and its currently being used just for the website he has.

thing is he may want the logo printed onto t-shirts for advertising purposes.
so does anyone know what i should do with regards to colour mode?

it would be disasterous if the colours went manky as soon as they output to cmyk.

anyone have any advice? what would you do?
i obviously need a very close colour match to the logo being used on his site. tricky as i dont have a monitor calibrator thing.

thanks for any help

:Cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
i wonder if anyone can help me.

i have a friend who has asked me to design a logo for his company and ok ive done that and its currently being used just for the website he has.

thing is he may want the logo printed onto t-shirts for advertising purposes.
so does anyone know what i should do with regards to colour mode?

it would be disasterous if the colours went manky as soon as they output to cmyk.

anyone have any advice? what would you do?
i obviously need a very close colour match to the logo being used on his site. tricky as i dont have a monitor calibrator thing.

thanks for any help

:Cool:

I would say that you should find a out what color space which ever print company you choose to go with uses and convert your logo to that. Find out if they use sRGB or Adobe or CYMK, etc...

That's probably your best bet. Then maybe have a very small run printed off to see how it looks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 inch Macbook Pro 2 GHz Core Duo 2 GB of Ram: 20 inch iMac 2.16 GHz Core 2 Duo 3 GB Ram
I know what you mean. I do alot of this for my company. Simply though, most of these printing companies know how to convert the images to the color spaces they want and keep the image in tact. SO, if you do not feel comfortabel converting the colorspaces yourself or are worried it may not work you can ask the printer to do it and send you a sample to see if you like it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
I'd match the colours to a pantone. Rather that going from RGB to CMYK, a pantone match will ensure the colours appear as they should. This should also help considerably if you'll be printing onto shirts or anything like that. This is probably your best bet to make sure colours are consistent across web and a range of print media.

If you don't have a pantone swatch book, you might want to consider getting your hands on one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.