A few General Questions.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, 2.0Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram
Hi everyone, i sold my iMac 2 days ago, looking to pickup a Macbook in the US in a 2 weeks time (for college).

A few questions to be honest......

1) Can i upgrade the HDD without voiding the warranty?

2) Will i get the about the same performance as i got from my iMac (they are the same spec lol)

3) I assume the ram is the same as used in ther iMac and all other new Macs?

TWM

Reaction score
1). yes it is really easy to do, and will not void the warranty.

2). For the most part, yes. If anything, the imac may have had a better video card, but i am not sure!

3) Go to www.crucial.com and it has a great feature that picks the correct Ram for your system... also will not void the warranty.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, 2.0Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram
1). yes it is really easy to do, and will not void the warranty.

2). For the most part, yes. If anything, the imac may have had a better video card, but i am not sure!

3) Go to www.crucial.com and it has a great feature that picks the correct Ram for your system... also will not void the warranty.

Thanks for that!!

Not looking to do any video editing or gaming anyway, so thats cool.

Isi it a SATA2 HDD iam am looking for or what :p ?

TWM

Reaction score
Not sure... what i did is bought it from this place http://www.macsales.com/ and they have a thing on there where you can choose your computer and it tells you what will work... its really easy... i bought the 160gb 5400 rpm.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.