Is this true?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
I have just watched this video about a guy saying bad things about a mac.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iEAGmBRC1dc

Is this true ad is it really this bad? it makes a mac sound worse than windows.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
MAC killed my Child! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

:D

TWM

Reaction score
yep it really is that bad... thats why everyone on this website has one! lol, he just sounds like an angry guy.... and from what i have heard, he created the video using a Mac... Don't let him change your mind.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
250 HDD, 2 GHz Intel, C2D, 1GB RAM
That's pretty dang funny. I don't think it's a Mac-bashing video, I think he's pointing out that no computer system is perfect. He ends the video telling you that he made the video on a Mac. I just switched from PC to Mac and am very glad for it. I must say that, if I had seen this video prior to getting my Mac, I still would have bought the Mac. The only thing about that video is that the more I become familiar with using a Mac the more I understand why that's pretty dang funny. Everyone in this forum and then some know how troublesome PC's are for crashing. I think this guy is just showing that Macs are growing so fast that there are enough people now who will understand the humor in it. All computers have problems sometimes; all computers crash sometimes. Everyone has heard a story about a PC "crashing" but fewer people have heard stories about Macs "crashing". If you have been thinking about getting a Mac, you should still do so. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
I think this guy was talking about Mac OS 9 or something...because most/all of this stuff is false.

Random shutdowns - I have never had this happen to me, and if he keeps having these he should take it to an Apple Store because it is faulty.
Locking up - Never seen this either
Cloverleaf Period - What? I...what? Does he mean Command Option Esc?
Unnatural interrupt keys - You can press Command Option Esc by putting your thumb on the Command and Option keys and the finger of the same hand on Esc. It is very comfortable
More Random lock ups/shutdowns - no...
Click & Drag just makes shortcuts - No...this is not true. Click & Drag off a CD copies the files...
DVDs just play when you put them in and you can't get them to go away - Command + Q, my friend
Dragging a disc into the Trash locks the system - No, it ejects the disc
Force Quitting may lock up the system - This has never happened. The message he talks about doesn't exist
Clicking on a file renames it - Yes, true, if you've already highlighted it that is. But you can just click out of the file and it will be left with its current name, or afterwards just press Command + Z
Deleting a file means you've lost it forever - No, it will go into the Trash. You just drag it out. With Leopard and Time Machine you will be able to get it back from beyond the grave...ahem, Empty Trash..
The Dock obscures buttons - Nope.
You can't put the Dock at the top of the screen - You can't put the Start Menu anywhere but the bottom.
He edited it all on a Mac - Wow, I'm surprised he managed with all these fictional problems!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
I have just watched this video about a guy saying bad things about a mac.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iEAGmBRC1dc

Is this true ad is it really this bad? it makes a mac sound worse than windows.

Ha ha. I saw that about a year ago and I quite honestly think it is a YouTube great - it's very funny.

I love the part where he's saying you can rename a file nothing by accident, and boxing with the dock.

AFAIK it's just a frustrated guy who's had many years working with a Mac... I am sure if he did something about Windows, it'd be just as funny.

Most of what he says is exaggerated, but Macs are not perfect. Being able to laugh at them from time to time is a helthy thing.

Besides, he did say the entire thing was made on a Macintosh.

I think this guy was talking about Mac OS 9 or something...because most/all of this stuff is false.

He mentioned icons in the Dock jumping up and down... which has to be OS X.

BTW, its funny that you posted the definition of joke in another thread, but here failed to see the joke at all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.