Just switched to Mac. Question about Forums

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
250 HDD, 2 GHz Intel, C2D, 1GB RAM
Could someone (perhaps someone who has been around the forums for some time) tell me the significance of the reptuation icon(s). I just checked my profile and noticed that I received my first reputation marking but I don't know who left it and whoever left it did not leave a comment. What does this mean and why do I care?

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
the reputation system is meant to give you a general idea of who has contributed in some way to the forum, whether it be good advice or community building. a larger number of 'pips' doesn't necessarily denote that better information should come from those members, but it may. if you search the news and suggestions forums for "reputation system" you'll find a wealth of information.

why should you care? you probably shouldn't. just follow the forum rules and have fun. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Hey, just because you have a lot doesn't imply that the rest of us don't care about the green blips...

J/K ;P

Like eric said, do a search for the rep system and you'll find the information you're looking for.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.