2nd Hand Mac Notebook - whats good

Reaction score
Hello,

Before i buy my imac, im looking for a 2nd portable mac notebook which can run tiger (leopard in the future) and office effiently so i can take it to the library to study with... is it worth paying 500 for a 2nd hand powerbook or should i just fork out the extra 500 and buy a macbook and downgrade from 24inch imac to 20inch??

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
if you got the money then why not get new. you will get a full year warranty and if you buy the apple care then you have it even longer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Hello,

Before i buy my imac, im looking for a 2nd portable mac notebook which can run tiger (leopard in the future) and office effiently so i can take it to the library to study with... is it worth paying 500 for a 2nd hand powerbook or should i just fork out the extra 500 and buy a macbook and downgrade from 24inch imac to 20inch??

Cheers
If all you want is a notebook that will run Office programs so you can work on studies, homework, etc. then a PowerBook would work out very nicely.
It would also save you a bundle.
Use the money you save to beef up the iMac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.