custom painting for PowreBook G4

G

G4Power

hey guys-
first off props for a nice site and cool forum. I've been looking around and i'm trying to find a place that can custom paint my Powerbook. I found a nice iPod painting place and i have heard that you can get iBooks and PowerBooks custom painted as well for a price. Anyway if you guys could help me out that would be awesome. Thanks alot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1.33 GHz PowerBook w/SuperDrive, 60GB HDD, 1.25G RAM.
G4Power said:
hey guys-
first off props for a nice site and cool forum. I've been looking around and i'm trying to find a place that can custom paint my Powerbook. I found a nice iPod painting place and i have heard that you can get iBooks and PowerBooks custom painted as well for a price. Anyway if you guys could help me out that would be awesome. Thanks alot.

i've seen this and it looks awful, can't imagine why i'd ruin the pristine finish of my powerbook, plus it voids the warranty outright.

OP
P

PowerbookG417

agree'd..to paint the powerbook would be to bastardize is...now painting the ibook...dont hold back..lol if you have one of the older ones..all that nice white paint comes right out of there.. making it clear or painting it from the inside with some lamp paint just looks awesome

http://www.applefritter.com/node/view/3453 just a quick example....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Heh, would you paint a DeLorean?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
sure... if would it pisses you off!!!

:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
You can't paint DeLorean's...they're stainless steel. But if I could, I would....suckers are ugly as ****.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
G4Power,

Have you considered powder-coating your Powerbook? Something like anodizing would look much better than paint, which would flake off in the end.

OP
M

MickMAC

That is the link that I was suggest, indanPowerbook. I saw it on TechTV, they do the best job. It does void the waranty and I would only do it to an older box.

or if i won the lottery and wanted something different!

OP
I

IndianPowerbook

i have time warner digital cable and tech tv doesn't come on anymore. weird

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 15" PowerBook 1.3Ghz, 1gb, 120gb hd
Osiris22x said:
You can't paint DeLorean's...they're stainless steel. But if I could, I would....suckers are ugly as ****.

I saw one on ebay that was painted red. They said it was painted by the dealer...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. Keeping it simple these days.
I dont think painting your Powerbook would be such a great idea because of the nature of the aluminum case. Now I have seen people get them etched and it looks pretty cool.

http://www.etchamac.com/powerbook.php

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Core solo Mac mini 1.5GHz, Headless Powerbook G4 500MHz
Heh DeLorean's are from New Brunswick Canada, Next provence over to me!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
the etching sounds cool, i bet paint wouldn't stick to good on a powerbook anyway....you can paint the keyboard however. that might look cool

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
IndianPowerbook said:
i have time warner digital cable and tech tv doesn't come on anymore. weird

TechTV was bought out by Comcast and 'merged' a TV channel named G4 a while back... after destroying TechTV, they then proceeded to destroy G4.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.