Waiting Game...

Reaction score
I have finally made the switch from PC to Mac. I bought the new 20" 2.4 Ghz iMAC and I can't wait for it to get here. But it sucks not having an Apple store where I live. Waiting is the hardest part; I've done weeks of research and now it just needs to come. I'm going crazy here.

Reaction score
I agree, I got my monitor on Monday and my ship date for the mac pro is today.

Ships by: Aug 13 - Aug 15
Delivers by: Aug 14 - Aug 16

It better be here tomorrow or I'm going to go crazy!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2gb Memory, 80gb HDD, Leopard / Pink iPod Nano
I ordered my Macbook on Monday and got it today. I can't believe how fast it ships.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac 24 Extreme - 500 Gig HD - 4 Gigs Ram
I'm also playing the waiting game, I just order my first Mac. Got my Burning Monkey Solitaire program to make the wife happy and my Airport Extreme Base Station today.

Ships by: Aug 16 - Aug 20
Delivers by: Aug 20 - Aug 23

Reaction score
I just looked and it says Prepared for Shipment so it should be here tomorrow.

WHOHOOOOOO :) you would think I'm little kid on Christmas.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just looked and it says Prepared for Shipment so it should be here tomorrow.

WHOHOOOOOO :) you would think I'm little kid on Christmas.

Just checked, mine says the same thing but no tracking number or shipping status yet so I guess it will ship tomorrow. Mine said custom configure but the only thing was I wanted that wasn't standard was the wireless mouse. Were do they ship from?

Reaction score
it should be shipping from the west coast so you still have a couple hours of business time left today.

Reaction score
yeah, it was shipped and I now see the fedex tracking number on the apple site.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeah, it was shipped and I now see the fedex tracking number on the apple site.

Just check mine again and it is still in "Prepared for Shipment" status. Oh well I won't get it till Monday or Tuesday now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.16 GHz 250Gb HDD 2.5Gb RAM
I too hate not having an apple store here in my city. I gotta drive an hour and a half to the closest one. So basically all i ever have to go on is what i read and see here and on the apple website.

OP
D
Reaction score
mine was shipped from china!!! so nedless to say it has taken a while to get here but i checked the shipment tracking and it is in my city so i will recieve it tomorrow morning! YES!:Cool:

Reaction score
it showed and I have absolutely no clue on what I am doing. haha I did get it hooked up and turned on.

I ordered this just a few days ago and I got the old keyboard, so I called apple and they are sending me a new one.

It's crazy how easy they say the mac is but after using windows for so long I think I'm just too smart for this. haha j/k.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz C2D, 2Gb, 160Gb 256Mb Vram, OSX Leopard!, ViewSonic 20" Widescreen TFT
Mine says shipping 17-21st August, Delivery 27th-30th!!!

I ordered it on 27th July!

The only thing out of the ordinary was iWork (which did cause a week delay because they held it for the upgrade to '08)

It's killing me!!

Reaction score
Shipping for the iMac is a bit of a joke, I live in the UK, it says Ships in 5 days. What it fails to mention, which I found out today, is that its being shipped from China, which is not near the UK.

Hence my order date of 10th Aug, and expected delivery date of 24th to the 29th Aug, which is madness when it says 5 days to shipment.

What Apple mean is, 5 days to shipment, 2 weeks to delivery the item.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mine shipped from China today the 16 of Aug (Thursday and it suppose to arrive the 20th of Aug (Monday). I bought Tiger for Dummies today try to prepare for the day that it shows up on the door step. I'm a Windows users since 2.0 and just now making the switch for my retirement years.

OP
D
Reaction score
WOOHOO, finally got my new 20" imac today. what sucked though is it arrived 15 minutes before i had to go to work so it was an agonizing 7 hours at work waiting to get home and play with it. but its here and now i just need to learn how to work the dang thing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz 15.4" 2GB RAM
Ships by: Aug 20 - Aug 23
Delivers by: Aug 22 - Aug 28

Cant wait for my Macbook Pro.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.