Imac not connecting to Linksys wrt54gs router

Reaction score
Hello,
After almost 20 years of working with PC's, I decided it was time to make the switch to apple, so i bought one of the brand new imacs over the weekend.

My problem is that when i brought it home, i cant get it to connect to my linksys router. its going to be replacing my desktop PC which is hardwired into the router while the laptops and xbox are all connected wirelessly. I've tried to connect it through the ethernet cable, and ive tried to connect wirelessly with no avail. I have it setup with WPA security with a mac address filter.

NOTHING i try works...Help!

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 24" Core 2 Duo 4gb RAM
try taking off all the security you have just to get it working, then after you have verified that you get connectivity start adding security back in.

Once you are at a known working state it will make it a little easier. If you can not get connectivity then move to another port.

Can you verify that ports are still known good? I know you just swapped out the pc to a mac ( i did the exact same thing after 20+ years of pc use)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.