• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

convert x 2 dvd os x equivalent?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP - 24" white iMac - 16gb white iphone3G - 20gb iPod colour
Hi,

This program would allow me to add as many video files as I wanted and burn them as a dvd. I used it mainly for burning all my tv episodes onto one dvd that would play on a standard dvd player. Is there anything like this for os x? As you can imagine the more you add the worst the picture quality gets but i never noticed much difference with a whole series (20 - 24 episodes) burned. I use visual hub to convert but as far as i'm aware it doesnt compress to make them fit onto a standard dvd.

cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.0 GHz, Core Duo, 2 GB Ram
Try Burn (freeware) or iDVD with the preferences set to Best Quality...then it will compress to fit with the best quality possible for the amount of stuff you are putting on it.

OP
ferritt
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Try Burn (freeware) or iDVD with the preferences set to Best Quality...then it will compress to fit with the best quality possible for the amount of stuff you are putting on it.

I never new idvd could do that. Would it be the same for idvd 08? I'll give it a try.

cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.0 GHz, Core Duo, 2 GB Ram
I never new idvd could do that. Would it be the same for idvd 08? I'll give it a try.

cheers

haven't go '08 yet, but interesting to find out anyway.

Brian

OP
ferritt
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well added my episodes to idvd. Theres 13 altogether. under project info in idvd it say theres 517mins of video totaling 28gb!!. In the same menu it show that idvd is "encoding" these files. Whats it encoding em to? Is it compressing them? I was going to save as disk image then burn with toast hoping the toast will burn it using the "auto fit dvd compression". These episodes that i've got are all in mp4 format at the minute. I'm assuming that idvd wil take along time to "encode all these files but just wanna make sure it's gonna do what I want first dont wanna sit here waiting and it dont work. any clues if this is gonna compress it?

cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.