The Uselessness of iLife?

Reaction score
I'm a professional graphic designer/web developer who works for a fairly well known ad agency in the NW. I've been using Photoshop since version 2 back in the early-mid 90's yet I still find uses for iPhoto, especially some of the options that are similar to editing in RAW format. I also own a full 16 track recording studio and have used Logic since version 5 yet still find uses for Garageband and recording in 16bit audio (the samples alone are worth the price of iLife). I used to edit video in Avid when I was in college and eventually switched to Final Cut when it was introduced yet if I'm editing a simple video that will be used for streaming only I'm doing it in iMovie. iLife programs are great for doing things that can be done in them and don't need bigger software packages to do.

Reaction score
I'm a professional graphic designer/web developer who works for a fairly well known ad agency in the NW. I've been using Photoshop since version 2 back in the early-mid 90's yet I still find uses for iPhoto, especially some of the options that are similar to editing in RAW format. I also own a full 16 track recording studio and have used Logic since version 5 yet still find uses for Garageband and recording in 16bit audio (the samples alone are worth the price of iLife). I used to edit video in Avid when I was in college and eventually switched to Final Cut when it was introduced yet if I'm editing a simple video that will be used for streaming only I'm doing it in iMovie. iLife programs are great for doing things that can be done in them and don't need bigger software packages to do.

Common sense speaketh, amongst the moaning masses. I am glad someone has some intelligence!.

OP
Village Idiot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Aparently some one want to keep throwing neg rep back and forth

:Not-Amused:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.