My Imac has a big problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Imac 2.0 GHz Core Duo, 256 Vid Card, 1 gig ram, 40 gig ipod, 4 gig nano, 512mb shuffle
My imac would not come out of sleep about a week ago so I tried turning it on and it would not turn on either. The monitor wouldnt turn on, no start up chime, it was dead, just the status light was on in a solid state. Took it the store to get it fixed.

After 12 days the apple store finally fixed it (after saying it will only be 4-5 days.) I didn't care at that point i had my computer back working.

This morning, only three days later, the exact same thing happend, I went to bed watching a show, it ended and I used the remote to put the mac to sleep. It will not turn on, and the power status light is on constant in the front.

Has anyone else had any problem with there mac when putting your computer to sleep in front row with the remote? That is the only similarity between the two problems. I don't see how this can render my computer useless by just putting the mac to sleep while in front row but it seems to...

Got another apoitnment tonight, hopefully they will fix it in a normal time frame this time.

Anyone have any suggestions on why this is happening or if they have had this problem?

P.S. - It is a Imac Core Due 20" 2.0 Ghz Early 2006 Model.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
250 HDD, 2 GHz Intel, C2D, 1GB RAM
When you took your iMac to the Apple store, did you bring the remote too? If so, did they even take a look at it? If so, what did they say?

OP
Y
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Imac 2.0 GHz Core Duo, 256 Vid Card, 1 gig ram, 40 gig ipod, 4 gig nano, 512mb shuffle
They said it is unrelated, and that there is somthing weird with my mac. Now they are going to fix it again and put it through extended testing.

I think i got a bad mac, this is the 3rd critical problem in a year. Starting to get annoying.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.